Terms & Conditions for our Cat Sitting Services
- These terms and conditions are applicable for the services of “Bermondsey Cat Sitters”, relating to the care and welfare of any acceptable cat.
- No variation of these terms and conditions shall be acceptable to or binding upon Bermondsey Cat Sitters unless agreed and confirmed in writing prior to entering into this agreement.
- Bermondsey Cat Sitters undertake to visit the clients’ cats in their home, and will feed the cat with food as agreed with the cat’s owners. Visits shall be made once per day in agreement with, and charged to, the Client. Twice daily visits may be agreed with clients in advance of booking. All reasonable attempts to feed the animal with pre-agreed foodstuffs will be carried out but ultimately the choice of menu will be at the discretion of Bermondsey Cat Sitters
- The client shall provide the cat/s regular food, medication and supplements if needed. If a litter tray is used then adequate supply of litter and cleaning materials and dustbin liners must be provided by the Client.
- The client shall furnish Bermondsey Cat Sitters with a full explanation of the cat’s or cats’ medical history and medication needs (if applicable), alongside typical lifestyle and habits, tastes, likes, dislikes, preferences etc. The Client shall also be responsible for advising Bermondsey Cat Sitters of the cats behaviour, temperament and medical history and current medical needs.
- Should a cat (s) appear unwell, Bermondsey Cat Sitters will immediately inform the Client, but shall assume responsibility for referring any cat (s) in its care to a veterinary surgeon. The Client/owner shall accept liability for any veterinary, or other associated costs submitted in connection therewith. Bermondsey Cat Sitters will make every effort to use the cat (s) own veterinary practice, however if this is not possible another practice will be used. These visits will be charged at our standard visit rate, alongside any additional expenses incurred (such as a taxi to and from the vetinary practice in accordance with the visit). Bermondsey Cat Sitters reserve the right to charge additional fees if the visit consumes an excessive amount of time (exceeding one hour) and will charge accordingly if multiple visits are required.
6A Under no circumstances shall Bermondsey Cat Sitters be liable in any way whatsoever for the deterioration of any existing / diagnosed condition of any cat (s) in its care. All expenses / veterinary costs (including costs of prescription drugs or any other medication) are solely the responsibility of the Client/owner.
- Bermondsey Cat Sitters shall not be liable for the loss or death of any cat (s) under its custody caused by any action other than the direct action of Bermondsey Cat Sitters personnel. In any event, Bermondsey Cat Sitters. liability in respect of loss or death of a cat (s) shall be restricted to the monetary value of such animal.
- Bermondsey Cat Sitters shall use its best endeavours to care for the Client’s cat (s) in the most effective manner possible, but shall not be liable to the Client in respect of any loss caused by latent defect in food or other material provided for the cat (s) welfare.
- The cat owners shall provide Bermondsey Cat Sitters with one full set of keys to the client’s property, together with instructions on the operation of an alarm or other security system/s. The Client should ensure that all doors/windows that need to be opened are in good repair and that locks are in good working order. Bermondsey Cat Sitters will not be liable for any breach of the Client’s home security due to poorly maintained or ill-fitting locks and doors. Should Bermondsey Cat Sitters be unable to access the property due to defective keys a £25 charge will be added to the bill to cover time and inconvenience, as well as any additional costs such as a locksmith.
- If you do not wish us to hold your keys, Bermondsey Cat Sitters can return them to you through your letterbox, or leave them in a safe place, or within the property, once any outstanding charges have been settled. Charges will be incurred if an appointment is required to return keys. If the Client requests the keys to be left in a communal lobby or similar place, this will be at the Client’s own risk and Bermondsey Cat Sitters shall not be liable for their loss or theft.
- For subsequent bookings, if the keys to your property have been returned, then they shall be delivered by the Client to Bermondsey Cat Sitters at least two working days prior to the first visit.
- The Client shall be liable for payment of Bermondsey Cat Sitters fees for welfare visits and also the cost of food, vets’ bills or any other accounts incurred on the cat’s (s) business.
- All accounts and charges are payable 48 hours before the start of a booking. Payment details will be provided at the registration visit.
- Bermondsey Cat Sitters reserve the right to charge interest on all unpaid invoices calculated at base rate plus 8% per month from the date of the first visit. (Late Payment act 1998).
- Bermondsey Cat Sitters shall make all reasonable endeavours to locate adequate parking facilities close to the Client’s property. The Client should leave parking permits or appropriate amount of cash for parking. In the event of incurring any excessive parking penalties necessitated by the need to make a welfare visit, the Client shall accept liability for the same.
- Prices and costs, except where quoted by Bermondsey Cat Sitters as covering a specified period, are subject to revision at any time in the event of any increase in costs caused by circumstances beyond Bermondsey Cat Sitters’ control. Bermondsey Cat Sitters reserve the right to charge any such revised prices. Christmas bookings and bookings for Public Holidays must be accompanied by a 50% deposit, which is nonrefundable. Please also see our cancellation policy below for full details.
16A For indicative prices please see our Services & Pricing page on the website. Please note that Bermondsey Cat Sitters reserve the right to place an additional cost on visits to homes which fall outside our catchment areas (our immediate catchment area is Bermondsey, South Bermondsey, London Bridge, Borough, Canada Water, Surrey Quays, Rothehithe, Old Kent Road, Queens Road Peckham, Peckham Rye, Nunhead). Areas we also consider at Bermondsey Cat Sitters’ discretion, which may incur additional costs include East Dulwich, North Dulwich, Dulwich Village, as well as parts of Camberwell, Brixton, Herne Hill, Deptford and New Cross.
Bookings / Cancellations
- The Client agrees to give Bermondsey Cat Sitters 48 hours’ notice minimum of each booking and 36 hours notice for a cancellation, where cancellations are made after this time a small administration fee of £15 will be charged.
- The Client will be responsible for ensuring adequate buildings, contents and property owners liability insurance for any property which Bermondsey Cat Sitters shall be required to visit. Such insurance shall cover the risk of damage caused by the cat (s) whilst left unaccompanied in the property.
- Bermondsey Cat Sitters, although fully insured against employers’ liability and public liability risks, shall counter claim against the Client or householder in the event of any claims arising for breakages caused whilst the cat (s) is being cared for by Bermondsey Cat Sitters.
- Bermondsey Cat Sitters personnel will make all reasonable efforts to make their visits at regular intervals. The exact timing of visits will be at the discretion of Bermondsey Cat Sitters.
- Bermondsey Cat Sitters personnel shall be discreet at all times and shall make every effort to make their visits as quiet and as un-noticeable as possible.
- Bermondsey Cat Sitters shall be under no liability if it shall be unable to carry out any provision of the contract for any reason beyond its control, including, without limiting the foregoing, any act of God, legislation, pandemic, war, fire, drought, failure of power supply, lockouts, strike, or any action taken by employees or owing to any liability to procure materials required for the performance of the contract. During the continuance of any such contingency the Client may, by written notice to Bermondsey Cat Sitters elect to suspend the contract and make alternative arrangements for the care and well being of their cat (s).